Review after 2 weeks playing as a Buffer Priest

Ronnen

Üye
Katılım
3 May 2021
Mesajlar
Puanları
First of all I want to congratulate to all the developers for making such a beautiful game, it tells that it was a labor of love and passion for mmorpgs.
I've been playing for the last 2 weeks and here are some of my observations.

-First of all, I play Guild Wars 2 regularly, been playing that game for the last 2 years and as you know PVP is massive. Like there's a lot of going on regarding effects, amount of people and landscape. I can achieve good FPS in that game and almost no lag. In ROW I have lots of lag playing solo in a map against a mob or have a lot of problems with textures, glitches, etc. I think we all know that improving the engine it's a must. Right now it still feels a little bit clunky and priest skills which should activate really quick (heals for example) you have to press twice or even more to go. That's a bummer because that split second sometimes can be the difference between surviving or dying. A fast paced game like ROW needs to get all the skills on point and try to reduce lag as much as possible.

-Some objects disappear or are not visible to others, for example I have a battle mace +7 that is just invisible to everyone me included. Pathos gloves also are invisible to others. I could name more items but it seems it has something to do with the engine.

-Loading between maps take a long while. I don't know why. My computer is decent for most mmorpgs. These loading screens are probably the worse in terms of time that I've seen. Changing from instances or maps it's a pain.

-Chat server. I am in this game with my guild and sadly if we're not in the same instance / map we cannot communicate with each other. I know most ppl use discord anyways, but it's a bummer. Same with pms. This should be a priority fix.

-Getting items in general. We're here in alpha in order to test items, upgrading, how they perform against mobs etc. Sadly, it's really difficult to get items. It takes a long while to get any kind of drop from any mob. How's people supposed to test items if you can't get items easily?

-One of the main problems with KO was the lack of content in terms of quests. Like, some maps would get desert really fast or mobs unused at all. Like for example, I'm level 51 now and the cemetery is totally useless for me. Why not adding more challenging quests regarding old mobs (kill 100 zombies for a good amount of EXP) so you keep your content rolling and people could still use the old content. Because what happened in KO is that all EXP was math. Like, Paramuns was good math EXP / Time so the rest of the map was useless and you would see tons of people camping the paramun spots. This game has the same problem with certain mobs and people macroing all night long. Revise that. Also, make some quests repeatable. I've found myself in more than 1 situation without quests to do, so I had to pick a mob and grind it until I reach a new level. I think that's lazy design.

-Are you guys planning to add mining / fishing too? It was a good AFK activity and sometimes rewarding.

-The logic behind KO and many korean rpgs is you get your stuff from PVE to use it in PVP. So far, in the alpha I was unable to. Like, I am not getting upgrading scrolls or anything to upgrade from mobs, to either sell to make coins or to wear to become better.

Note to the devs: We know this is early alpha and many of the things I said are already considered or are going to change in beta. Keep up the good work! :D The game is really fun, it could be awesome! :D

pepeh

Üye
Katılım
24 Nis 2021
Mesajlar
Puanları
I'll say it too getting some better weapon than quest is reallly hard for now I'm lvl 56 and still using Rare quest sword.It's hard to kill quest mobs now (playing solo).
Also the quest thing is a problem too quests gives a bit low exp and you need to spend like 1 day to lvl up.

Especially with problems I have.

Aerin

A
This is literally what I and some other guys have been saying, nay, fighting for, in the last 19 days, but sadly most Turks don't agree with us and the devs are silent. At best they copy-paste the same text and disappear. I don't know if you're a Turkish in disguise or not but I can tell you that the current players who migrated here from ko with their clans are happy with the brainless mob farming and the drop rates. They enjoy having the privilege of having a clan and 10 hours a day to spend on mindless grinding. Grinding the same mob, using the same skill, for 10 hours a day, without adding anything new to the table. No bug reports, no feedback, no constructive criticism, nothing. Then they come to this forum to insult and ridicule us solo players and start circle-jerking in the comments with their clan members. Because of this toxicity and the lack of any sign of concern from the devs, I and many other solo players have already stopped playing.

Needless to say, it is completely not surprising to see the English-speaking community here agree with us critically thinking minority of Turks.

pepeh

Üye
Katılım
24 Nis 2021
Mesajlar
Puanları
Grinding the same mob, using the same skill, for 10 hours a day, without adding anything new to the table.

This is me playing solo farming mob while some not smart turks keeps spamming me with party invination or spamming trade trying to kill me.
I can say even more 2 parties exping on 1 slot while 2nd spot in empty. I can honestly say here that most of the tukrs act like 16 years ago :D

Aerin

A
That's because those Turks have been doing nothing but playing ko for the past 16 years. I doubt any of them even had a proper formal education. They wasted their life on that overrated game, killed it with their toxicity, and now they are coming here to do the same.

Cape_Mage

Üye
Katılım
30 Ocak 2021
Mesajlar
Puanları
-Getting items in general. We're here in alpha in order to test items, upgrading, how they perform against mobs etc. Sadly, it's really difficult to get items. It takes a long while to get any kind of drop from any mob. How's people supposed to test items if you can't get items easily?
Because some of the players who mindlessly farm for 10+ hrs a day think it's easy to do so - they are already complaining that they have reached level 70 too quickly and now have nothing to do. This mentality of using the same skill all day with clan members to farm items, and level up has ruined other games, and I strongly believe that the developers of Rise Online has to break away from that mentality. Otherwise, you will have the same people who ruined other games playing this one, and normal people who has lives outside of a game and cannot grind for 10+ hrs a day will be left out.

I know Turkish as well, and when I mention these things in the Turkish side of the discord chat, a mob of kids attack claiming that it is not hard to exp, this is alpha, blah blah. Try and share your exping/farming experience over there, and you will likely see what I am talking about. Pretty sure they only played a single MMORPG - you know which one - and they equate exping/getting items with grinding, and when someone shares other points of views, they cannot take it.

I think this is the most crucial thing they need to fix, even before the bugs. In other MMORPGs I've played, such as WoW, you could enjoy the process of leveling up, and you can even do it solo without having to get into fights with people who sit on certain spots all day long. Also, there needs to be some bosses that a solo player can kill and get a unique item, even the old KO(back when I played) had mobs such as "duke" that one could kill solo and advance in the game.

pepeh

Üye
Katılım
24 Nis 2021
Mesajlar
Puanları
I know Turkish as well, and when I mention these things in the Turkish side of the discord chat, a mob of kids attack claiming that it is not hard to exp, this is alpha, blah blah. Try and share your exping/farming experience over there, and you will likely see what I am talking about. Pretty sure they only played a single MMORPG - you know which one - and they equate exping/getting items with grinding, and when someone shares other points of views, they cannot take it.

Yea it's easy to say "it's not hard to reach lvl 70" when you're using k0xp :p

Ronnen

Üye
Katılım
3 May 2021
Mesajlar
Puanları
Hey all
I'm southamerican, Argentinian, but my guild is International with people from all over the world.

I clearly understand that some people might want something similar to a KO private server. I don't want that. I think this game could be better staying a bit further away from its source material and move in a better direction. So far, many of the things that were frustrating on the original are here too. Just take the best of it and then change things a bit.

Şu anda bu konu'yu okuyan kullanıcılar

Üst Alt