Suggestion The distribution of updates to the game

shakespeare

Üye
Katılım
13 Kas 2020
Mesajlar
Puanları
I have yet another user friendly suggestion.

Well as I started my launcher after some good while, it started to download some files, as the merry user I am; I started to wait.

Then another file.
Then another file.
Then 10 other small files which took me longer than the big file because every single time the launcher needed to process and change and update and wait.
Then another file.
Then another big chunk of file.
Then some other files.
Then one last big chunk of file.

My question here is: Is it possible to batch all the old files (relatively old, say 1-2 months old) together and then integrate it with one major (big chunk of update) file. This way I would know the total size of these whole files but would not be bothered about constant gobbling of the launcher from my pc's performance. Plus it overlaps itself when trying to get performance out of the computer. So if let's say other than two of the latest updates can be batched together in a big chunk of major update dated at a certain time, I don't know when, then it would I think be more convenient USER SIDE. Or at least I would say "the update system" might be reworked when it is time for actual release.

Just reflecting on it, no offense.

Dominik

Üye
Katılım
12 Kas 2020
Mesajlar
Puanları
Hello!

Please note that this is only Alpha, everything can change before the official version of the game. Your suggestion will be passed on!

shakespeare

Üye
Katılım
13 Kas 2020
Mesajlar
Puanları
Hello!

Please note that this is only Alpha, everything can change before the official version of the game. Your suggestion will be passed on!
Of course I am aware of the fact! I am just thinking of obvious things, I was already pretty sure that someone in the dev team must have thought of it. You know it is sometimes like this: You think of something but do not put it to test and think everyone is fine with how things are then they stay the same. I just wanted to help improve! Cheers mate. Thank you!

Şu anda bu konu'yu okuyan kullanıcılar

Üst Alt