Justice

Yönetici
Game Designer
Katılım
23 Kas 2020
Mesajlar
Puanları
Hi all,

I thought it would be nice to drop some important notes here for the alpha.

* When you start the game for the first time, system makes an automatic video settings so if you have an outdated PC your default video settings will be low, not epic.

* Our default video settings for texture quality, effect quality and shadow quality are high NOT EPIC to increase the FPS in all maps. Of course you can modify them however you want. If your PC is strong and you start the game for the first time all video settings will be epic except Texture Quality, Effect Quality and Shadow Quality, they will be high.

* This is not a First Person Shooter game so reaching up to 120 or 160 FPS is not important, playing at 30 FPS is enough.

* Unreal engine affected by both GPU and CPU. So if you're getting low FPS, it could be because of one of your GPU or CPU. You need to have a good both GPU and CPU.

* Having an SSD is important to reach high FPS. Because your PC will render faster when you have it.

* At the start of the game the engine scans all of the game files and loading the important data to the memory. This operation takes about 1 min and making the CPU usage high, which is quite normal. After finishing the scanning CPU goes back to normal state.

* If you are not satisfied with the GPU usage and are obsessed with temperature, you can always play at high or medium settings to lower the GPU usage. (It doesn't mean we're done with the optimization.)

* You can check the V-Sync option in the video settings, it is lowering down the GPU usage and temperature. But the maximum FPS will be 60.

* You can't get a fixed number of FPS all the time in all map locations because if you have many players or monsters in your screen the FPS will be dropped. (We're working on it and trying to optimize the game better and it's something we'll work on always.)

* We optimized CPU usage by 10% to 20% better than the previous patch.

* You can increase your FPS by playing in a lower resolution. E.g. you can change the resolution from 1920x1080 to 1600x900 to get a better FPS.

We're doing our best to make the game better and let you have a great game experience. We're aware of most of the problems. Just keep in mind, some works take time. I wish y'all a great alpha experience.

Justice
R&D, STL
Row Team

Pockets

Üye
Katılım
29 Nis 2021
Mesajlar
Puanları
I am so glad you guys did this in Unreal. It's an amazing engine and think you guys made the right choice, especially due to Unreal Engines solid rendering pipeline.

Did you guys consider using Unity at all?

Also, my RTX 3070 runs the game at a solid 160. The ONLY area in the game my FPS drops is in the Char Select screen. Maybe something could be done to optimize that area a bit better? But that is just a minor inconvenience and I love the constant patches, keep up the great work!

Justice

Yönetici
Game Designer
Katılım
23 Kas 2020
Mesajlar
Puanları
Hi Pockets,

Sorry for the late answer. Our developers are experienced in Unreal Engine mostly, that's one of the reasons we chose Unreal Engine. Unreal Engine is also the most popular and the most promising game engine in the world, no one can deny that. It's also the best for a 3D game. On top of that, we didn't use the default unreal engine, we did a lot of improvements to get a better performance and there are still a lot of room for improvement. We don't have enough of members or financial status for an MMORPG, that's why it will take a bit time. But we're ambitious and never gonna stop until we make it much better. Please report anything you find bad or needs to be improved. We'll do our best to fix it.

Regards

NortHLord

Üye
Katılım
2 May 2021
Mesajlar
Puanları
Hi Pockets,

Sorry for the late answer. Our developers are experienced in Unreal Engine mostly, that's one of the reasons we chose Unreal Engine. Unreal Engine is also the most popular and the most promising game engine in the world, no one can deny that. It's also the best for a 3D game. On top of that, we didn't use the default unreal engine, we did a lot of improvements to get a better performance and there are still a lot of room for improvement. We don't have enough of members or financial status for an MMORPG, that's why it will take a bit time. But we're ambitious and never gonna stop until we make it much better. Please report anything you find bad or needs to be improved. We'll do our best to fix it.

Regards
There must be a mechanic that we can adjust fps in the game.

Şu anda bu konu'yu okuyan kullanıcılar

Üst Alt