Suggestion Key mapping

shakespeare

Üye
Katılım
13 Kas 2020
Mesajlar
Puanları
Dear team;

Once again hello. I downloaded the game, even though I am not an alfa player I was checking out what are in the options menus as I always do. I always care so much about user-friendliness. So I checked the key mappings whether we can bind some specific keys combinations. For example after key "6" it is not easy to use if you are not an either Korean Starcraft Pro or you don't use your mouse at all. So for this there is a "rather relatively" simple solution. For example if keys like "CTRL", "ALT", "SHIFT" are available to use in key mapping in terms of "key combination" rather than "single key binding" it would help A HUGE DEAL. For example let us say I use:

Skill Slot - Key
1 - 1
2 - 2
3 - 3
4 - 4
5 - 5
6 - Shift + 1
7 - Shift + 2
8 - Shift + 3
9 - Shift + 4

So on and so forth... And I have not seen in game now but if we can have, say 3-4 skill bars open and we can map "Second skill bar" with:

Skill Bar - Skill Slot - Key

2 - 1 - Alt + 1
2 - 2 - Alt + 2
2 - 3 - Alt + 3
2 - 4 - Alt + 4
2 - 5 - Ctrl + 1
2 - 6 - Ctrl + 2
2 - 7 - Ctrl + 3

without actually needing to change skill bars to activate the bar for shortcuts. It would be one amazing thing! I just thought it would've been much much more user friendly, not that I know how to execute or how easy-difficult these are in terms of back-end coding.

Sis

Üye
Katılım
17 Kas 2020
Mesajlar
Puanları
Hello friend first, I think you should try the validity of the key assignments you made in the game. It would be better to do the key assignments in the active parts of the game, because the developers said they will do the keystrokes. I hope I got it right and answered it right. :)

Dominik

Üye
Katılım
12 Kas 2020
Mesajlar
Puanları
Dear team;

Once again hello. I downloaded the game, even though I am not an alfa player I was checking out what are in the options menus as I always do. I always care so much about user-friendliness. So I checked the key mappings whether we can bind some specific keys combinations. For example after key "6" it is not easy to use if you are not an either Korean Starcraft Pro or you don't use your mouse at all. So for this there is a "rather relatively" simple solution. For example if keys like "CTRL", "ALT", "SHIFT" are available to use in key mapping in terms of "key combination" rather than "single key binding" it would help A HUGE DEAL. For example let us say I use:

Skill Slot - Key
1 - 1
2 - 2
3 - 3
4 - 4
5 - 5
6 - Shift + 1
7 - Shift + 2
8 - Shift + 3
9 - Shift + 4

So on and so forth... And I have not seen in game now but if we can have, say 3-4 skill bars open and we can map "Second skill bar" with:

Skill Bar - Skill Slot - Key

2 - 1 - Alt + 1
2 - 2 - Alt + 2
2 - 3 - Alt + 3
2 - 4 - Alt + 4
2 - 5 - Ctrl + 1
2 - 6 - Ctrl + 2
2 - 7 - Ctrl + 3

without actually needing to change skill bars to activate the bar for shortcuts. It would be one amazing thing! I just thought it would've been much much more user friendly, not that I know how to execute or how easy-difficult these are in terms of back-end coding.
Thank you for your suggestion, we will forward it further!

shakespeare

Üye
Katılım
13 Kas 2020
Mesajlar
Puanları
Hello friend first, I think you should try the validity of the key assignments you made in the game. It would be better to do the key assignments in the active parts of the game, because the developers said they will do the keystrokes. I hope I got it right and answered it right. :)
Mate, I am sorry I failed to understand. I think you misunderstood what I meant. But thanks for your effort anyway.

anil

Üye
Katılım
13 Kas 2020
Mesajlar
Puanları
That makes sense. I think key mapping is a necessary thing for better user experience.

Batnhau

Üye
Katılım
12 Kas 2020
Mesajlar
Puanları
I think key combination would be nice. But its hard to keep pressing Alt, Ctrl or Shift while making your combo. To make faster combos your hand has to be relaxed. What im gonna do is something like that.

F1
1-1
2-2
3-3
4-4
5-5
6-E
7-T
Same thing for every skill bar. To change skill bar use F keys

Şu anda bu konu'yu okuyan kullanıcılar

Üst Alt