Macro Users

Rastanatorz

Üye
Katılım
12 Kas 2020
Mesajlar
Puanları
I'm getting tired of seeing nothing but macro players especially at the Soothslayers. You see dead bodies there for hours on end and you clearly can pick out macro users because they are running the same skills and over potting consistently because, who cares about pots...they are 1 coin.

SO that being said is anything going to be done about MACRO?

I have the capability to macro but haven't because i ASSUMED rise would be different from its predecessor. but serious issue needs to be addressed and fast because this is getting ridiculous. Macro is completely over used in this game and its pissing legit players off.

Pockets

Üye
Katılım
29 Nis 2021
Mesajlar
Puanları
I actually agree with you 100% but how exactly do you fix a problem like this?

How do you prevent people from setting up macros on their keyboard/mouse that just pushes buttons for you?

They would have to completely gut the mechanics of the game. And hey, maybe this would be a good thing. All I am saying is I would guess that it's not exactly a simple fix.

anil

Üye
Katılım
13 Kas 2020
Mesajlar
Puanları
I'm getting tired of seeing nothing but macro players especially at the Soothslayers. You see dead bodies there for hours on end and you clearly can pick out macro users because they are running the same skills and over potting consistently because, who cares about pots...they are 1 coin.

I have the capability to macro but haven't because i ASSUMED rise would be different from its predecessor. but serious issue needs to be addressed and fast because this is getting ridiculous. Macro is completely over used in this game and its pissing legit players off.
Developers made an official announcement about the macro using. They're not doing anything for now but after official release, they won't allow to macro.

Motiv8

Üye
Katılım
4 May 2021
Mesajlar
Puanları
I honestly don't think there will be a way to prevent users from macro using from the get go. But reports about them might change it. Users keep the game clean not developers most of the time. If the community stand against it that would hit the biggest impact on it.

Rastanatorz

Üye
Katılım
12 Kas 2020
Mesajlar
Puanları
I actually agree with you 100% but how exactly do you fix a problem like this?

How do you prevent people from setting up macros on their keyboard/mouse that just pushes buttons for you?

They would have to completely gut the mechanics of the game. And hey, maybe this would be a good thing. All I am saying is I would guess that it's not exactly a simple fix.
So my proposal to a fix to this is if the GM's have extra MOD's in the game who have been trained properly. they can recruit and train mods from around the world, phone games do it all the time. But a MOD who is also a normal player could have the ability to record a video of the Macro user and send them to a Jail, then the MOD can upload the video to a specific discord channel for macro abusers that only MODS and GM's have access too, then the GM's can review the video and decide how to proceed from there. The player will complain but if the GM has a video of the Macro user its easy for a GM to say "i have proof of you using macro"

I mean us who have been around the block in the MMORPG world can tell a macro user and a non macro user and have ways of testing it when we are unsure.

But give limited power to limited players who can be honest, and then the GM's can decide from there. And if a MOD abuses their power they can be banned from ever having the ability to use that power ever again. if they make an honest mistake just have an honest review with them like a jury system within the MOD community to dictate whether it was an honest mistake or a vindictive jailing.

Antique

Üye
Katılım
15 Nis 2021
Mesajlar
Puanları

The team is already testing in-game macro detection system right now, till official release the system will be more stable and accurate and detect macro players based on key input times (for example dozens of recurrent key inputs no matter if its too fast or too slow) and macro users will get punishment based on Ban Policy.
They'll announce Ban Policy before official release.
Have a good one.

rafet41

Üye
Katılım
26 Nis 2021
Mesajlar
Puanları

You will farm for long hours, will you know how to do it manually?

Pockets

Üye
Katılım
29 Nis 2021
Mesajlar
Puanları
The team is already testing in-game macro detection system right now, till official release the system will be more stable and accurate and detect macro players based on key input times (for example dozens of recurrent key inputs no matter if its too fast or too slow) and macro users will get punishment based on Ban Policy.
They'll announce Ban Policy before official release.
Have a good one.
So if someone is comboing they will get banned? You said no matter how fast or slow....

pepeh

Üye
Katılım
24 Nis 2021
Mesajlar
Puanları
You will farm for long hours, will you know how to do it manually?

You do realise that getting gear is not 1-3 days? i take a really long time.If exping char wont take like forever people can easly farm.

You seys it's like it's ok to use cheats.

Cape_Mage

Üye
Katılım
30 Ocak 2021
Mesajlar
Puanları
If I was in the management of Rise Online, instead of looking for ways to try and punish macro users, I would focus on what is leading people to use macros in the first place - the need of monotonous killing of the same monster in order to level up. If you change the mechanic of the game a bit where you wouldn't need to kill the same mob for days to level up, people wouldn't need to use macro, at least it would drop the number of macro users significantly.

I believe they will be working on it, but making the quests more fun, daily quests, dungeons, etc. would prevent this. So, you can enjoy the story-line while you are exping, similar to WoW.

Cape_Mage

Üye
Katılım
30 Ocak 2021
Mesajlar
Puanları
I don't think leveling needs to be too easy where everyone hits the max level in a relatively short amount of time, but it needs to be fun, hence less monotonous, and less prone to macro usage.

Pockets

Üye
Katılım
29 Nis 2021
Mesajlar
Puanları
If I was in the management of Rise Online, instead of looking for ways to try and punish macro users, I would focus on what is leading people to use macros in the first place - the need of monotonous killing of the same monster in order to level up. If you change the mechanic of the game a bit where you wouldn't need to kill the same mob for days to level up, people wouldn't need to use macro, at least it would drop the number of macro users significantly.

I believe they will be working on it, but making the quests more fun, daily quests, dungeons, etc. would prevent this. So, you can enjoy the story-line while you are exping, similar to WoW.
Great point.

pepeh

Üye
Katılım
24 Nis 2021
Mesajlar
Puanları
We all admit that safety is the one of the most important thing in any game.

ROW team needs to learn how to avoid keyloggers,chacks etc.
In other words everything that's illegal

Şu anda bu konu'yu okuyan kullanıcılar

Üst Alt