Suggestion Mage balance

GroundShaker

Üye
Katılım
13 Kas 2020
Mesajlar
Puanları
So what I would like to suggest here is a type of mage balance between different skill trees.

We all know that fire mage deals the most damage and has the highest damage dots (damage over time), ice mages are used only for slow and lightning mages only for stun.

The ratio of fire vs ice vs lightning mages is 75:15:10 (this is a stretch, i think its even more for fire mages), and lightning mages were mostly played as HP builds with shield (tank mages)

In the above example we can see that ice and lightning mages were mostly ignored by players, and were played as a specific scenario. Their damage was non existing and in some cases if you had light mages in events you would be at a big disadvantage). I would like to see more ice and lightning mages in the game, otherwise why even create them.

For the suggestion below i will be using a scale of 100% for current fire mage damage based on full MP build.

Fire mages should have 100% damage done and 80%+ chance to do dot damage with spells (lets face it, fire burns)

Ice mages should do 80% damage done compared to fire mages, 60% chance to do dot damage, and a high chance to slow (slow chance or length based on level or skill or stats)

Lightning (arcane) mages should also do 80% damage done compared to fire mages, no chance to do dot damage, and a high chance to stun (stun chance or length based on level or skill or stats)

In this way all the skill trees could be used, and we would not have only fire mages in the game with an occasional ice and super rare lightning mage

Steven

Üye
Katılım
26 Nis 2021
Mesajlar
Puanları
IMO, while it sounds like a good idea to diversify the subclasses of mages, it will cause even more complaints if slow/stun rates were increased. In another "similar game", too high of slow/stun rate only ruins PK/PVP (especially since mages already have the advantage with range+high damage+burst damage).

GroundShaker

Üye
Katılım
13 Kas 2020
Mesajlar
Puanları
well the stun/slow rate/chance can be changed, or even mitigated to a separate pvp/pve rate

the main suggestion here is to have diverse cast of mages, and yes mages should be glass cannons, that's the whole point of the class, but their hp/armor is low

i dont see anyone complaining that an archer with arrow shower can 2 skill any mage at max lvl

Steven

Üye
Katılım
26 Nis 2021
Mesajlar
Puanları
well the stun/slow rate/chance can be changed, or even mitigated to a separate pvp/pve rate

the main suggestion here is to have diverse cast of mages, and yes mages should be glass cannons, that's the whole point of the class, but their hp/armor is low

i dont see anyone complaining that an archer with arrow shower can 2 skill any mage at max lvl
PVE doesn't matter too much but strictly talking about PVP. I agree, but once the mages get gear/max level with "crystal"/"crimson" set and a full party healer (which is what they usually run), they'll be a lot harder to kill lol and archer can't 2 skill a mage with arrow shower since arrow damage is capped to like 100-200 per arrow, mages with 1500hp scroll will have 3k hp minimum. They also won't be standing still for arrow shower :p

Şu anda bu konu'yu okuyan kullanıcılar

Üst Alt